Share this event with your colleagues
VENUES OF IFKAD 2017
Enlarge the map
CONFERENCE MAIN VENUE7-9 JUNE 2017
GSOM St. PETERSBURG UNIVERSITY
Volkhovskiy pereulok, 1, St. Petersburg, Russia
IFKAD 2017's parallel sessions, as well as the welcome reception on June 7, will take place at the Graduate School of Management of St. Petersburg University. The Graduate School of Management of St. Petersburg University (GSOM SPbU) is one of the 24 faculties of St. Petersburg University, the oldest (est. 1724) Russian university – the leading national center of education and science.
GSOM SPbU is the first and for the time being the only business school in Russia and CIS to receive the most prestigious international accreditation – EQUIS. High quality of educational programs is approved by reputable program accreditations: AMBA (Executive МВА) and EPAS (Bachelor).
GSOM SPbU is a full profile university business school and it gives unique competitive advantages in the field of cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary communications. Business school develops a full spectrum of degree programs in management: Bachelor, Master, Doctoral programs, Executive МВА as well as corporate training programs. All these programs are designed and delivered (many of them in English) in collaboration with leading international business schools.
The Graduate School of Management of St. Petersburg University has two campuses with rich history. The first one is a historical building in the very heart of St. Petersburg, on Vasilievsky Island, near the Twelve Collegia Building, the administrative building of St. Petersburg University, and other sights of the Northern Venice. In this building the conference IFKAD 2017 will be held.
PLENARY SESSION ON JUNE 7, 2017THE TWELVE COLLEGIA
Universitetskaya Emb., 7/9, St. Petersburg, Russia
(distance from GSOM building: approx 600m, 8-10 min walk)
The Twelve Collegia Bulding is the administrative building of St. Petersburg University. The largest structure in St. Petersburg surviving from the Petrine era, the Twelve Colleges were at the centre of Peter the Great's fundamental reforms of the Russian state in the 18th century. In the 19th century, as the main campus of St. Petersburg University, the building became the site of historic research and discoveries by Russian academics including Dmitry Mendeleev, Alexander Popov, and Ivan Pavlov.
The building, which is over 400 meters long, was commissioned by Peter in 1718 to house the new structures of government - the Senate, the Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church, and the nine Colleges or Collegia, which served the function of modern ministries. The original architect of the project was Domenico Trezzini, who had also designed the Peter and Paul Fortress, and building began 1722. It took 20 years to complete the building, during which time construction was supervised by Theodor Schwertfeger, Mikhail Zemtsov, and Domenico Trezzini's nephew (and son-in-law) Giuseppe Trezzini.
GALA DINNER8 JUNE 2017
pl. Truda 4, St. Petersburg, Russia, 190098
Nicholas Palace was one of several St Petersburg palaces designed by Andreas Stackensneider (1802-65) for the children of Nicholas I of Russia. The palace of Grand Duke Nikolai Nikolaievich of Russia is separated from Labour Square by a cast-iron fence. The building is similar to the Italian palaces of XVI century - the palace is decorated with stucco, sculptural elements, pilasters and colonnades above the front porch - a spacious balcony. The facade is painted in red-brown color, and the pillars and decorative moldings in white. Above the building winds a flag.
In 1894 the edifice reverted to the crown and was transformed into the Ksenia Institute for Noble Young Ladies. It was described by a British novelist, biographer and children's author of Russian origin, who attended the Ksenia Institute for Noble Young Ladies, E. M. Almedingen in her memoirs:
At certain functions in the great paneled white hall it was easy to imagine yourself plunged into the court life of the late eighteenth century. ... The palace, for all its enormous size, was beautiful. The sweep of that regal, gray marble staircase, curving off to the right and the left, must have been an architectural marvel. We played in halls, their high ceilings supported by Corinthian pillars, their walls covered with most exquisite paneling. We read and studied in rooms with lovely mirrors, framed in the scrolled and carven fantasies of great artists. We slept in dormitories, their walls covered by delicate frescoes. ... The exquisite staircase... swept down to a hall where a gigantic Cerberus of a porter, magnificent in scarlet and gold, stood on duty. The great front doors, splendid with carved wood and panes of cut glass, were nearly always closed.