Share this event with your colleagues
Previous Editions of IFKAD
Intellectual Capital in a Complex Business Landscape
Matera, Italy - 24-25 June 2010
The 5th International Forum on Knowledge Asset Dynamics aimed to encourage discussions about Intellectual Capital (IC) research and management practices for addressing complexity, uncertainty and changes of today's business landscape. Nowadays private and public organizations have to face uncertainty, crisis, change, turbulence and high competitive pressure. In this context it is critical to understand which is the role of intellectual capital and particularly what are the key intellectual capital components to be developed and managed in order to deal with the fluidity of business. This also involves the understanding of the approaches, models and tools for assessing and managing intellectual capital to support and renew and the development of new business models aligned with the evolution of the competitive scenario.
The 5th IFKAD 2010 was organized by the Center for Value Management of University of Basilicata and the Institute of Knowledge Asset Management and it is supported by other international institutions. The event was held on 24-25 June 2010 in Matera, Italy.
- Strategic management in public organizations: implementing IC approaches
- Dynamic capabilities and the exploitation of entrepreneurial opportunities
- IC in service organizations
- Science-to-business marketing and successful research: IC and University and industry exchange
- Learning and teaching IC management innovative approaches
- Knowledge-based models for policy-making
- Developing sustainable and radical innovations: the role of knowledge assets in dynamic business environments
- The role, use and implications of Web 2.0 and social media for the generation, identification and management of knowledge and intellectual assets
- Public policies to foster IC
- Intellectual property management in higher education and research institutions
- Action research and action learning as practicable modes of knowing in/by organizations and communities
- Synergy and dynamics of knowledge assets for clusters, innovation and policy
- Knowledge management and project management: which relationships?
- The IC dynamics in SMEs clusters
- IC and value creation in healthcare: implications for theory and practice
- IC and SMEs superior performance
- Knowledge asset flows and value creation for green innovation.
Theoretical, empirical and practitioner papers were invited addressing research topics as follows:
- Business development and knowledge-intensive industries
- IC and new business models; IC and business performance improvement
- Knowledge perspectives of change management and innovation
- Intelligent regions
- The past, the present and the future of IC management
- IC and value creation dynamics
- Linking IC, strategy and entrepreneurship.
GORJESTANI, Nicolas - World Bank, USA
GUTHRIE, James - University of Bologna, AUS
JARRAR Yasar - PriceWaterhouseCooper, UAE
MCLEAN, Rob - MatrixLinks, CAN
NEELY, Andy - University of Cambridge, UK
SPENDER, JC - ESADE and Lund University, USA
WEIR, Maria – Intellectual Asset Center, UK
Full progam of IFKAD 2010 (pdf)